- aircrew commented on Douglas brothers
- Brian_How commented on Poi Hakena (Jackson) Phillips - D Coy - Reg.No.800875
- merehorataurua commented on Hone Pokai Taurua "Big John"
- tarnz07 commented on Poi Hakena (Jackson) Phillips - D Coy - Reg.No.800875
- Djmenace commented on David McCaskill
Maori Battalion soldiers prepare for war
This 1942 Weekly Review film shows Māori reinforcements training in Northland before sailing overseas to join the 28th Battalion in North Africa.
A couple of B Company soldiers have been identified in the footage, at 3:05 - Te Whiu Bush sits at the centr of this group of 3 soldiers and Dick Ngoungou is at the right. At 3:22 Robert Gillies is to the left of the open fire and again at 3:30 seated with other members of the Battalion.
Please let us know if you recognise any of the men in this film.
WEEKLY REVIEW No. 67, Archives New Zealand / Te Rua Mahara o Te Kāwanatanga
-see full reference on their film wiki website