- aircrew commented on Douglas brothers
- Brian_How commented on Poi Hakena (Jackson) Phillips - D Coy - Reg.No.800875
- merehorataurua commented on Hone Pokai Taurua "Big John"
- tarnz07 commented on Poi Hakena (Jackson) Phillips - D Coy - Reg.No.800875
- Djmenace commented on David McCaskill
- Joined: July 14, 2009, 9:30 pmName:ena harawira
Last Active: October 1, 2012, 3:33 am
I was born, 7th august 1953. My father Te Kapunga (Bully) is of maori and scottish descent, my mother is from the Cook Islands. I am the youngest from a family of 5, of which 2 of my siblings are deceased. We were all born and bred in Whakatane, where I am currently staying and looking after my elderly mum. I am very proud to say that my dad served with the 28th Maori Battalion. Unfortunately as we were growing up our dad never talked about the war. By listening and reading about other soldiers memoirs, one can understand why. I have found a few notes, and some of his photos during his service and would like to contribute them here, in his memory. If anyone can add names to any photos or any comments, please feel free to do so. Kia ora.
Comments I've posted:
Photos I've contributed:
Guestbookwelcome to history.Visit mangatawa's profile